Tuesday, September 3, 2013

3rd September 2013

We got our keys today, which was so exciting. It has been exactly 4 months since our site was cut. It was the perfect birthday present for our 1 year old.

We met one of the new Site Supervisors at 1pm. He went through the list of things that had or hadn't been fixed from PCI. He showed us how to use our garage remotes, showed us our alarm, gave us our keys and a lovely hamper.

There are still a few things that need to be fixed. Our hot water system was delivered today along with the kitchen appliances. They will all be installed tomorrow. Our shower screen that needs replacing will probably be done at the end of the week.

Our floorboards are being laid tomorrow. I'm a little nervous as to how they will look. I'm sure they will look great.

Tomorrow will be spent painting our skirting boards, which we are not look forward to but it has to be done, as they are getting installed on Thursday. There is so much dust in the house too, so tomorrow will also be spent cleaning everything and trying to get rid of the dust. We could really use some rain to wash it all away. The carpet will be laid on Friday.

So much is happening this week. We have a heap of deliveries happening on Friday. We are also getting an AV quote on Friday. Saturday we will be moving in and Sunday will no doubt be spent unpacking everything.

There is also so much to organise. I have already contacted Telstra. I wish I had done it last week as it takes approximately 7-10 working days. I organised for bins to be delivered from Council yesterday and they were already delivered by the time we got to the house. I have lots of phone calls to make to organise change of address. I organised for mail redirection today too. I bought a temporary letterbox today so our mail can start being delievered ASAP.

A pic of our hamper and sign:


We couldn't decide on a name for our house so I ended up just going with our house number...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment