Wednesday, September 11, 2013

12th September 2013

Still unpacking and cleaning and so much to do :( Feeling absolutely exhausted!

On a good note, our living room sofa was delivered yesterday. I was dreading how it was going to look in the space and the colour I chose, but I love it. With a few cushions and perhaps a throw it should come up a treat. All I need now is a coffee table, floor rug and 2 x single chairs to go with it. Oh and a nice piece of art on the wall above it.



I got good news from Harvey Norman yesterday that all our home theatre stuff had arrived. We had a quote from their AV mob on Friday which was just over $800. The quote cost $99 which comes off the price if you go ahead, which we are going to do as Harvey Norman were able to get the price lower down to $676 which includes the $99. So our home theatre is being installed tomorrow. Can't wait for it to be set up.

I have organised for our phone as Internet to be set up. I am annoyed with Telstra though as I was told it would take 7-10 working days, but they have given me dates of 23rd Sep for home and 30 Sep for internet. I placed the order on 2nd Sep. Make sure you organise this ASAP. I wish I had organised it 2 weeks ago. 

I also had Foxtel set up last week but because we don't have a phone line yet, we can't use it. 

Our lights also arrived which we will pick up today. But our massive dining room pendant apparently is no longer being made and all that is available is the one in the showroom. It has been offered to us but I don't want to have to pay full price for it as it has been sitting in the showroom for a while. Will see what price were offered today as to whether we end up getting it or not.

We will also toddle off to Ikea today as we need some storage / drawers for the boys rooms. I hate how you only get given hanging space.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the floorboards Nai, great colour and they bring the design of the house together nicely. Love the sofa too you've done exceptionally well, you should be very proud of your home it's a credit to you.
    Best wishes
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete