Tuesday, July 22, 2014

23rd July 2014

Yesterday we received a surprise in our letterbox from Council saying our driveway had been approved, which was great news. So I got in contact with the private certifier yesterday to let them know, as this was the only thing outstanding for the issuing of our Final Occupation Certificate.

All I had to do was scan the Approval and email it to them. They emailed me back letting me know the fee for Final Occupation Certificate was $165, which was even better as the original letter said it was going to be $275, so that was nice. I paid straight away and got an email back saying they would email a copy of the certificate once finalised.

I wasn't expecting the process to that that easy. So hopefully in the next few days we will finally receive our certificate. Its only been 10 months...lol

All we need to do now is finish off the landscaping out the front, then we will be able to receive our Council bond back.

I had our bricklayer 'Marty' call in yesterday to give us a quote for a retaining wall out the front. Hopefully it will come back reasonable. He told us to dig the trench ourselves and try and get as many leftover bricks as we can from other builds in the estate to save some money. If any of you have any leftover bricks that you want to get rid of, please let me know, as I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. We need 1,200 bricks in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment