Monday, September 1, 2014

2nd September 2014

Not much to report on, except that yesterday, Scott (MJH Maintenance Manager) popped in for a visit to review the work that was carried out recently. He is going to arrange for another guy to come out and fix everything that wasn't fixed and also get the painters back for some touch ups, which is fantastic.

Also really disappointed about the extra downlights we wanted installed. I ended up getting another Electricians opinion and it was all bad news due to restricted access. I've got my fingers cross that we could still somehow get a downlight in the hallway cutout. I'm determined to find a way. As for out the front, it's looking impossible. The only thing I could think of is when our gardens are done to put a heap of lighting in them and a feature spotlight in front of the right side window so it makes the house look more even in terms of lighting. At this stage only the left side of the house is lit up. I am planning on putting some kind of feature plant in front of the window anyway, so might shine a spotlight onto the house to help.

3 comments:

  1. Hey don't stress over the exterior lighting. My house is only lit on one side too. I wanted to change my lighting plan but it wasn't allowed. There is plenty of opportunity for awesome garden lighting. You can even have spotlights in the ground pointing up to your desired focal point. I guess it all depends on how much $$ you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to know there are other people out there with the same problem. Time to start saving I guess...thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nai,
    sorry I haven't got back to you until now, we've been back and forth to hospital to see our bro in law who had a massive stroke late last week, he's unbelievably on the mend thank goodness but it was touch and go there for a bit. Geoff has stressed just like the other sparky's, that it is pretty hard to put dl's in after wards and trying to run cables blind so to speak as well as limited roof space :(
    Sorry I couldn't be a bearer of better news, good luck with it all x

    ReplyDelete