Wednesday, November 13, 2013

13th November 2013

Feels like ages since I've posted on here.

Things have come to a bit of a standstill seeing as me and my other half are both out of work. I was made redundant back in June and my other half lost his job in July. Things have been really tough of late. Rather than work on the house, our days are spent looking for jobs :(

We did end up painting our facade in the colourbond colour Dune. It does look better. I still don't love it, but its better than it was. We also put our MJH sign up, which has lifted it a bit more. The grass is coming along nicely and really starting to join together and green up with the recent rainfall. Looking forward to giving it its first mow. I love mowing! I also love watering it. I find it so relaxing. I love my grass...lol

Oh and we ended up hearing back from Nick Scali about our crappy lounge. We did ask for a replacement as the lounge came back from its upholstery clean in the same state if not worse. Nick Scali decided they would replace it rather than give us our money back, which is ok. We do love the style of the lounge. We ended up changing the colour of it though as we are paranoid about getting the exact same one and having to go through the same thing again. Because its such a light colour, its more than likely going to have marks on it again from handling. We decided on Chocolate Chip, which is a lot darker. I really hope it looks ok in the media room. What sux is that we have to wait another 9 weeks for a new one, so it looks like it will arrive after xmas unfortunately. They have at least been nice enough to allow us to keep the current one until the new one arrives so we can at least sit down and watch TV.

Thanks to our awesome neighbours, they have offered to pay for our halves of the fence until we are both employed again. Our side fences will be put up over the next 2 days. Can't wait till they're in. That way I can start working on garden ideas. I can't wait to do my gardens. We also have leftover bricks from our build and some other lovely neighbours have offered to give us their leftover bricks, which we will use for our retaining wall out the front. We will have a masonary wall about 4 to 6 rows high. We would have loved to have asked our MJH brickie to come back and do it for us, but due to the lack of finances we are going to give it a go ourselves.

I will post a pic of the front facade tomorrow now that I can get outside and take a photo without being rained on.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Renai,
    you must be beside yourself with that lounge drama you poor thing, but at least they let you keep the shity one until the new one arrives, what a bummer!
    No luck on the job front yet I hear, that's so sad I hope you find one soon.
    I too wasn't sure about the Dune on ours, tho we have it for the whole house. Do you find that it changes colour depending on the light situation? I think it's a bonus when you get a brownish tinge some days and grey the other. I think that once the gardens and fences are in, it'll tie in quite nicely and probably change it all together. 4 weeks to go and counting every second lol, I'd love to be up to where you are but soon enough I guess. It's going to be a mad rush for us before xmas (moving in on the 21st) but that's the way the cookie crumbles hey?
    Take care
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renai,
    You been out of action for a while. I really missed your detailed posts. Sad to hear about job situation but I must say that you do have a really beautiful house. Good to hear that you got good neighbours who are looking after you.

    Glad your couch issue is sorted at last. We have bought our couches from NICK SCALI too. Hopefully we dont have any such issues.

    Cheers
    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete